Don't you think that it's better to be extremely happy for a short while, even if you lose it than to be just okay for your whole life?- Clare, The Time Traveler's Wife. http://stuckmuffin.info. See You There!
Disclaimer
Welcome to my blog. \(`ω´) anything else please follow these rules : No ripping, spamming, and any type of childish acts. Respect is a must. Best-viewed with screen resolutions 1024x768. Enjoy your stay and have fun!
tired
Navigations

Profile Blog Links Joined Credits
I am ME
Doing...
Feeling : okay
Eating : watermelon
Doing : blogging
Watching : The Family Guy

Taggie



Daily Reads
Emma | Precious | Sir Bob | Maddox- the best page in the Universe | Kwentong Barbero | Virna

Previous Blog Posts
February 2009 | April 2009 | May 2009 | June 2009 | July 2009 | October 2009 | December 2009 | February 2010 | March 2010 | April 2010 | May 2010 | June 2010 | August 2010 |

Precious Bookaholic
Free reading of Stephanie Meyer's books!
Worn out
Choc Chip Heaven Ice Cream
This is our love story
My Favorite dota-allstars hero
Smooch!
What's wrong is wrong and what's right is ought to...
Here's the thing
Swine Flu Virus

Music
Your Love by Nicki Minaj


Coraline
Written at Tuesday, July 14, 2009 | back to top

Photobucket

Now what kind of a name is Coraline? Oh well, it may have been derived from the word "coral" which has a lot of meaning to start of with.
I lay
lazily on the chair as I think of even more dumb things to do; like surf the net even more enthusiastically or play dota with random heroes and ask stupidly from my teammates what item I should put on my hero to somehow increase its overly vulnerable nature. I was sick of it; tired of it. And then I decided to open the folder where all movies are stored in the shop. I opened coraline because I was intrigued, and even so I've seen that it's a 3D animated film, I still seem quite uninterested..

I decided to give the movie a try and I'm so thankful at that moment on, I was bloody bored. Normally, I wouldn't choose to watch a flick from the shop. hihihi anyway, the primary reason why I decided to create a post about this Coraline movie is because I truly love it! ( now here comes my overexciting voice and temperament) It has been a habit of mine to search for a thingamabob that I happen to like; say a movie; a particular persona whom I admire or a book that I've been eying on for countless of weeks; one good example is a fave of J.K. Rowling- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith and so on. And so from this manner that I learned that Coraline is originally based from the fantasy novel by Neil Gaiman; the incredible and best selling author who had written the books "Neverwhere", "American Gods",(although I'm not such a fan of this novel) "Stardust", of course "Coraline" and many more successful fantasy novels published.

It is also from doing research that I learned of Henry Selick who directed the film Coraline, was also responsible of directing the successful animated films "Nightmare Before Christmas" and "James and the Giant Peach". Oh how I love both the films especially James and the Giant Peach! I couldn't forget watching it since I was a child.

And so from this experience that I appreciated and loved the movie even more.. Not only for its moral uprightness that most children undergo towards their parents but also with its fantastical creation, concept and daring characters. ^_^/